Skip to main content

Aswat Aliraq

Aswat AliraqMuthanna, Jan 13, (VOI) – U.S. forces shot down an Iraqi civilian north of Falluja city, a local police source said on Sunday.


"At a late hour on Saturday night, U.S. army personnel opened fire on a civilian vehicle that approached their patrol in Ziraa Degla area, 20 km north of Falluja, and killed its driver, whom they suspected to be a gunman trying to attack them," the source, who preferred to remain unnamed, told Aswat al-Iraq- Voices of Iraq- (VOI).
The vehicle was damaged in the shooting and the body was taken to the Falluja General Hospital, the source indicated.
No comment was available from the U.S. side on the incident.

Falluja, the largest city in the Sunni Anbar province, lies 45 km west of the Iraqi capital; while Ramadi, the capital city of the province, lies 110 km west of Baghdad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken Spring?       : Information Clearing House

Broken Spring?       : Information Clearing House This is a sequel to my June 2011 article, ‘After the spring’, on the upheavals in the Arab world. It is an article that has been painful to write, because it brings bad tidings and offers a pessimistic analysis of the upheavals, at least in the short term, in a number of Arab countries. The outcomes and potential outcomes of these uprisings have also acquired new, very significant dimensions. These include a complex entanglement with the accelerated preparations for a possible attack on Iran, and a poisonous, sectarian aspect that could have the consequence of ripping Syria and the Middle East apart.

Tony Blair in Iraq: War Criminal Admits Guilt

Tony Blair in Iraq: War Criminal Admits Guilt : "That tragedy, the depth of which Blair could never comprehend, is encapsulated by Layla Anwar, an Iraqi blogger, who wrote of a friend who said this week: 'I wake up in the morning and death sits next to me. I have my tea and she has one too. I walk and she accompanies me. I go to sleep at night and she is in my bed. I see death, I hear death, I smell death ... she is everywhere. When she will pick me up, is only a question of time.'"