Skip to main content

Bush's Farewell to Israel: The Genocide of Gaza with American Arms :: www.uruknet.info :: informazione dall'Iraq occupato :: news from occupied Iraq :: - it

Bush's Farewell to Israel: The Genocide of Gaza with American Arms :: www.uruknet.info :: informazione dall'Iraq occupato :: news from occupied Iraq :: - it: ".'In the name of justice there cannot be subjection and in the name of peace there cannot be impunity.'
–Alvaro Uribe Velez

Total to Day 18 in Gaza (January 13, 2009): about 971 Dead, more than 4,418 Injured
–More than half women and children, with over 360 with critical injuries

'I sometimes worry if there will be enough space to bury the dead.'
—Hatem Shurrab, Islamic Relief aid worker in Gaza

If such a massive genocide of a trapped civilian population by air, sea, and land was committed by any other nation the world would launch a massive investigation into this crime against humanity and hold the leaders of such a nation accountable in the International Court of Justice. In a just world Israel would be charged with crimes against humanity as was Serbia and Rwanda.

From the Guardian paper, January 13, 2009

'Israel is facing growing demands from senior UN officials and human rights groups for an international war crimes investigation in Gaza over allegations such as the 'reckless and indiscriminate' shelling of residential areas and use of Palestinian families as human shields by soldiers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken Spring?       : Information Clearing House

Broken Spring?       : Information Clearing House This is a sequel to my June 2011 article, ‘After the spring’, on the upheavals in the Arab world. It is an article that has been painful to write, because it brings bad tidings and offers a pessimistic analysis of the upheavals, at least in the short term, in a number of Arab countries. The outcomes and potential outcomes of these uprisings have also acquired new, very significant dimensions. These include a complex entanglement with the accelerated preparations for a possible attack on Iran, and a poisonous, sectarian aspect that could have the consequence of ripping Syria and the Middle East apart.

Tony Blair in Iraq: War Criminal Admits Guilt

Tony Blair in Iraq: War Criminal Admits Guilt : "That tragedy, the depth of which Blair could never comprehend, is encapsulated by Layla Anwar, an Iraqi blogger, who wrote of a friend who said this week: 'I wake up in the morning and death sits next to me. I have my tea and she has one too. I walk and she accompanies me. I go to sleep at night and she is in my bed. I see death, I hear death, I smell death ... she is everywhere. When she will pick me up, is only a question of time.'"