Skip to main content

allAfrica.com: Somalia: 21 Killed in 'Worst Battle' Since Ethiopia Pullout (Page 1 of 1)

allAfrica.com: Somalia: 21 Killed in 'Worst Battle' Since Ethiopia Pullout (Page 1 of 1)

Fighters loyal to two insurgent groups - Al Shabaab and Party of Islam - took to the streets and sparked "the worst battle since Ethiopian troops left," according to Radio Garowe's correspondent in Mogadishu.

Medina Hospital officials said more than 50 wounded people were admitted for treatment, adding that the fighting was still ongoing and more wounded people were expected.

One hospital official told the BBC Somali Service that six victims died at the hospital, bringing the total number of deaths to 21, mostly civilians.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken Spring?       : Information Clearing House

Broken Spring?       : Information Clearing House This is a sequel to my June 2011 article, ‘After the spring’, on the upheavals in the Arab world. It is an article that has been painful to write, because it brings bad tidings and offers a pessimistic analysis of the upheavals, at least in the short term, in a number of Arab countries. The outcomes and potential outcomes of these uprisings have also acquired new, very significant dimensions. These include a complex entanglement with the accelerated preparations for a possible attack on Iran, and a poisonous, sectarian aspect that could have the consequence of ripping Syria and the Middle East apart.

Tony Blair in Iraq: War Criminal Admits Guilt

Tony Blair in Iraq: War Criminal Admits Guilt : "That tragedy, the depth of which Blair could never comprehend, is encapsulated by Layla Anwar, an Iraqi blogger, who wrote of a friend who said this week: 'I wake up in the morning and death sits next to me. I have my tea and she has one too. I walk and she accompanies me. I go to sleep at night and she is in my bed. I see death, I hear death, I smell death ... she is everywhere. When she will pick me up, is only a question of time.'"