Skip to main content

US Under Pressure to Revise National Intelligence Estimate on Iran -- News from Antiwar.com

US Under Pressure to Revise National Intelligence Estimate on Iran -- News from Antiwar.com: "The 2007 National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) on Iran has been a thorn in both the Bush and Obama Administration’s side since its release two years ago. The report noted that Iran hasn’t had any nuclear weapons program at least since 2003."
Not that this has stopped the respective administrations from claiming repeatedly that Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons, but it has certainly made the rhetoric far less credible.

Even today intelligence officials defend the 2007 report, but growing pressure from abroad, notably Israel, is leading to calls for an official repudiation of the report.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken Spring?       : Information Clearing House

Broken Spring?       : Information Clearing House This is a sequel to my June 2011 article, ‘After the spring’, on the upheavals in the Arab world. It is an article that has been painful to write, because it brings bad tidings and offers a pessimistic analysis of the upheavals, at least in the short term, in a number of Arab countries. The outcomes and potential outcomes of these uprisings have also acquired new, very significant dimensions. These include a complex entanglement with the accelerated preparations for a possible attack on Iran, and a poisonous, sectarian aspect that could have the consequence of ripping Syria and the Middle East apart.

Tony Blair in Iraq: War Criminal Admits Guilt

Tony Blair in Iraq: War Criminal Admits Guilt : "That tragedy, the depth of which Blair could never comprehend, is encapsulated by Layla Anwar, an Iraqi blogger, who wrote of a friend who said this week: 'I wake up in the morning and death sits next to me. I have my tea and she has one too. I walk and she accompanies me. I go to sleep at night and she is in my bed. I see death, I hear death, I smell death ... she is everywhere. When she will pick me up, is only a question of time.'"