Skip to main content

Migrant rights group on US-Mexico border urges boycott of Israel | The Electronic Intifada

Migrant rights group on US-Mexico border urges boycott of Israel | The Electronic Intifada

(Wissam Nassar / Maan Images)

Migrant rights group on US-Mexico border urges boycott of Israel

chickenfarm.jpg

A chicken farm was destroyed by Israel shortly before the current
72-hour “truce” came into effect; the US is a key supplier of military
aid to Israel’s forces of occupation.

(Abed Rahim Khatib / APA images)
The Arizona-based migrant justice and humanitarian group No More Deaths/No Más Muertes has endorsed the Palestinian call for boycott, divestment and sanctions against Israel.


The group has also condemned Israel’s attacks on civilians, while
connecting the militarization of the US-Mexico border to Israeli
repression of Palestinians.


In a statement, No More Deaths/No Más Muertes notes that, “Although
the Israel-Palestine conflict may seem remote from the Sonoran desert
borderlands, there are many southern Arizona companies and partnerships
directly connected with the Israeli occupation. No More Deaths cites
Tucson-based Raytheon Missile Systems and Elbit Systems of America [a subsidiary of an Israeli weapons-maker] as two examples and possible targets for political pressure.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken Spring?       : Information Clearing House

Broken Spring?       : Information Clearing House This is a sequel to my June 2011 article, ‘After the spring’, on the upheavals in the Arab world. It is an article that has been painful to write, because it brings bad tidings and offers a pessimistic analysis of the upheavals, at least in the short term, in a number of Arab countries. The outcomes and potential outcomes of these uprisings have also acquired new, very significant dimensions. These include a complex entanglement with the accelerated preparations for a possible attack on Iran, and a poisonous, sectarian aspect that could have the consequence of ripping Syria and the Middle East apart.

Tony Blair in Iraq: War Criminal Admits Guilt

Tony Blair in Iraq: War Criminal Admits Guilt : "That tragedy, the depth of which Blair could never comprehend, is encapsulated by Layla Anwar, an Iraqi blogger, who wrote of a friend who said this week: 'I wake up in the morning and death sits next to me. I have my tea and she has one too. I walk and she accompanies me. I go to sleep at night and she is in my bed. I see death, I hear death, I smell death ... she is everywhere. When she will pick me up, is only a question of time.'"