Skip to main content

Police Chief: Taliban Kills 40 in Bus Ambush | News From Antiwar.com

Police Chief: Taliban Kills 40 in Bus Ambush | News From Antiwar.com: "On Thursday, the Taliban captured a bus traveling east of Kandahar. 50 passengers were on the bus at the time. 10 were released shortly later, and according to Kandahar provincial police chief Matlullah Khan Qaneh the remaining 40 were killed by the Taliban.

The figure is somewhat in doubt, however, as is the identity of the slain passengers. Afghan General Mohammad Zahir Azimi says that 31 passengers were killed, A Taliban spokesman confirmed 27 killed from the bus, but claimed that they were soldiers in the Afghan army. Gen. Azimi denied the Taliban claim, insisting that military personnel don’t travel on civilian buses. Six beheaded bodies were confirmed recovered from the ambush, and Gen. Azimi reports another 25 bodies have since been found."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken Spring?       : Information Clearing House

Broken Spring?       : Information Clearing House This is a sequel to my June 2011 article, ‘After the spring’, on the upheavals in the Arab world. It is an article that has been painful to write, because it brings bad tidings and offers a pessimistic analysis of the upheavals, at least in the short term, in a number of Arab countries. The outcomes and potential outcomes of these uprisings have also acquired new, very significant dimensions. These include a complex entanglement with the accelerated preparations for a possible attack on Iran, and a poisonous, sectarian aspect that could have the consequence of ripping Syria and the Middle East apart.

Tony Blair in Iraq: War Criminal Admits Guilt

Tony Blair in Iraq: War Criminal Admits Guilt : "That tragedy, the depth of which Blair could never comprehend, is encapsulated by Layla Anwar, an Iraqi blogger, who wrote of a friend who said this week: 'I wake up in the morning and death sits next to me. I have my tea and she has one too. I walk and she accompanies me. I go to sleep at night and she is in my bed. I see death, I hear death, I smell death ... she is everywhere. When she will pick me up, is only a question of time.'"