Skip to main content

The EPRDF, Civil Society Organizations and Human Rights in Ethiopia

The EPRDF, Civil Society Organizations and Human Rights in Ethiopia: "The EPRDF, Civil Society Organizations and Human Rights in Ethiopia
Paulos Milkias
May 7, 2007
The EPRDF party is driven by power as an end in itself. The lure of the current Ethiopian government's authority has in fact transformed the political party into a power-machine that crushes everything on its way, including all major opposing parties and civil-society organizations."..............

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken Spring?       : Information Clearing House

Broken Spring?       : Information Clearing House This is a sequel to my June 2011 article, ‘After the spring’, on the upheavals in the Arab world. It is an article that has been painful to write, because it brings bad tidings and offers a pessimistic analysis of the upheavals, at least in the short term, in a number of Arab countries. The outcomes and potential outcomes of these uprisings have also acquired new, very significant dimensions. These include a complex entanglement with the accelerated preparations for a possible attack on Iran, and a poisonous, sectarian aspect that could have the consequence of ripping Syria and the Middle East apart.

Tony Blair in Iraq: War Criminal Admits Guilt

Tony Blair in Iraq: War Criminal Admits Guilt : "That tragedy, the depth of which Blair could never comprehend, is encapsulated by Layla Anwar, an Iraqi blogger, who wrote of a friend who said this week: 'I wake up in the morning and death sits next to me. I have my tea and she has one too. I walk and she accompanies me. I go to sleep at night and she is in my bed. I see death, I hear death, I smell death ... she is everywhere. When she will pick me up, is only a question of time.'"